It Started Nearly 100 Years Ago

oldtruck378x253

 

 

While Patrick J. Ruane, Inc. was originally begun in San Francisco,

 

today the company is located in South San Francisco, but it all started

 

nearly a century ago when two brothers set off for America from their

 

native Ireland.

 

 

Patrick and his brother Malachy, the father of Jim Ruane who leads the

 

company today, arrived in San Francisco in the early 1900's. The

 

brothers joined the Plasterers' and Shophands' Local Union 66 and began

 

the learning process that would take them on a journey where they would

 

have a hand in building projects that were destined to become

 

architectural classics across the San Francisco landscape including the San Francisco Veteran's War Memorial Building

 

and the War Memorial Opera Building as well as city icons like Coit Tower, a landmark recognized around the world, where

 

Jim's dad was the plastering foreman.

 

 

In 1940 the brothers set out on their own. Patrick founded Patrick J. Ruane Plastering where his brother Malachy joined

 

him as a plasterer and rose to the position of plastering superintendent, eventually acquiring the company in the early

 

1960's. Today, under Jim's leadership the company employs a work force of artisans, craftsmen and support staff to tackle

 

new projects using the time honored techniques of the past to keep and restore classic buildings while utilizing the latest

 

processes needed to create today's modern masterpieces.

 

 

 

283 WATTIS WAY SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO CALIFORNIA 94080-6715 650 616-7676 FAX 650 616-4750 2014 PATRICK J. RUANE, INC.